Directions Step 1 Pulse cauliflower florets in a food processor until finely chopped. In another pan or kadai, and heat one tablespoon of coconut oil. 1 Medium cauliflower (about 4 cups heaped florets), drained well Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Combine well and cook for a minute. Stir and allow to cook for 1 minute, then squeeze the hot sauce over the cauliflower. Meantime mix Eggs with Salt and Pepper. Add hard, dense vegetables -- carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower. You don't have to cut them finely, as we want to retain the crunchy texture, so just chop a little to make the florets little small sized. Let it sit for about 5 minutes. Soak the cauliflower florets in warm water for 10 minutes, rinse and drain water. Add water and cook covered for 15 minutes, do not over cook the cauliflower. This recipe is also very healthy since we are not using any heavy cream or lots of butter. Cook for 3 minutes, then turn heat to low. Wash the florets and chop the florets in medium sized pieces. Heat oil in a pan. Can be served as a main dish or side dish. It can be baked, fried, stir fried, steamed or just enjoy as it is and I love it made literally anyway. Cook cauliflower with onion, garlic, green chillies, turmeric, salt and ½ cup water. Cook it with lid closed in the lowest flame for 10 to 15 minutes without water. Cauliflower and Potato Stir Fry (Aloo Gobi masala) is … Cauliflower stir fried in onion-tomato masala, delicious vegetarian dish…. Soak the cauliflower florets in warm water for 10 minutes, rinse and drain water. Serve along with rice, chapati, roti etc. Great with rice when you are in the mood to eat something light and veggielicious! Place a non-stick pan over medium heat, add oil- let oil turn hot. Add 1/2 cup of water to the pan and mix everything. Add the marinated cauliflower and mix it. As you might already know, my husband started eating plant-based last year and he created his own vegan blog Gastroplant. Marinate it with salt, turmeric powder and chilli powder (listed under marination). Mix well, add little water and close and cook for 5-10 minutes or until cauliflower … Foodie Pro & The Genesis Framework. Add salt and cook in medium heat for 6 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally until the florets are lightly browned and cooked, while the texture is still crunchy. Then I stirred in cauliflower rice and frozen peas, which took this stir fry to a whole new healthy level. This stir fry is super simple to make and includes three awesome veggies in one delicious dish. Check the salt at this point, and if it is less, you may add more. When the cauliflower and potato pieces are cooked, open the pan and simmer for a few more minutes so that the masala gets coated on the vegetables. Add salt and cook in medium heat for 6 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally until the florets are lightly … Add the soy sauce, lime juice and most of the green onions, reserving the rest for serving. In a food processor, grind together the coconut, green chilies, cumin seeds, garlic and ginger to get a coarse mixture, you may sprinkle a little water if the mixture is too dry. Other yummy cauliflower recipes, click here, Cauliflower Masala Stir Fry- Easy Cauliflower Recipe, Cauliflower, florets- from 1 medium cauliflower. Keep the sauteed cauliflower aside. Add chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, fennel powder and salt. Cauliflower Thoran (Poriyal) – South Indian Cauliflower Stir Fry With Coconut & Spices, Cauliflower Thoran (Poriyal) - South Indian Cauliflower Stir Fry With Coconut & Spices, cauliflower poriyal, cauliflower stir fry indian recipe, cauliflower thoran, you can also use unsweetened shredded coconut. Cover and cook on medium heat for around 10-15 minutes stirring occasionally. Add salt, chilli powder and turmeric powder. Add the stir fried cauliflower to the pan, add the grind coconut mixture and mix everything well. Cauliflower thoran is ready to serve, you can enjoy this as a side dish with rice along with any vegetarian curry or gravy like sambar, moru curry (yogurt curry) or any curry as you wish for lunch or dinner. Stir and … March 16, 2017 March 16, 2017 lhadmin. In the past, I mentioned that Chinese cuisine is vegetable-centered, but i… After a quick saute of the shredded cabbage, I added curry, turmeric and cumin — one of my favorite spice trios. This cauliflower stir fry can be had with rice, rotis etc. Since then, I’ve been gradually changing my own cooking style so we can both enjoy the dishes I cook. Place a non-stick pan over medium heat, add oil- let oil turn hot. Cauliflower and Potato Stir Fry (Aloo Gobi masala) is a perfect Indian comfort food. Add the cauliflower florets. Add soy sauce, squeeze in the juice of the lime, and add most of the sliced green onion, reserving the rest for serving. Cook covered at medium heat for 5- 6 minutes stirring in between until most of the water evaporates and potato pieces are almost done. Cauliflower Mezhukkupuratti / Kerala Style Spicy Stir-Fried Cauliflower. Add salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin powder and garam masala. « Easy Cheese Pizza Recipe Using Homemade Pizza Dough – Thick Crust Pizza From Scratch, Easy Thin Crust Pizza Recipe – Homemade Thin Crust Pizza Recipe From Scratch ». Can be served with rice, chapati, roti etc. Once egg is cooked, mix with cauliflower for few minutes. When I was developing this recipe, I made a few changes to make it more suitable for home cooking and to adapt it to a vegan dish. Cauliflower thoran is simple and delicious stir fried cauliflower with coconut and spices, which makes a yummy and easy side dish with rice for lunch or dinner. Many Indo-Chinese dishes can be made with cauliflower. Tips. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet or pan and add the chopped cauliflower florets. Stir fry for a minute. Advertisement Step 2 Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. … This is any easy to make stir fry; cauliflower florets stir fried with onion and tomato seasoned with Indian spices. Add … Cauliflower Stir Fry Recipe – pachakam.com - Kerala Recipes Keep the cauliflower on a side and add the egg and stir fry it. Add bay leaves, garlic, ginger … Stir until the hot sauce has been incorporated. Cook it in low flame until it is dry and the cauliflower pieces are coated with the masala. Separate the cauliflower into bite-sized florets Wash them well and then boil for 10 minutes with salt and turmeric powder Drain the water and allow the florets to cool down Mix 2 tbsp corn flour, 2 tbsp all purpose flour, garam masala, chilli powder, coriander powder and … Add onion, season with salt, saute till light golden. Then add Pepper Powder and mix it. Heat sesame oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add riced cauliflower medley and cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables … Put in the cauliflower pieces and mix well. Heat oil in a pan … A very healthy, easy, tasty dish that reheats well even for lunch the next day! Add mustard seeds and when the mustard seeds splutter, add the broken dried red chilies and curry leaves, fry for a few seconds. Add bay leaves, garlic, ginger and green chili, saute till golden. Cauliflower is such a versatile vegetable, it can be turned into several delicious dishes. Clean the cauliflower head as you usually do and separate the florets, discard the stalk. Switch off the flame. Add the remaining spices to the pan - turmeric powder and red chili powder, stir everything well and saute for another 2 minutes. Boil 2 cups of water in saucepan and when the water comes to boil, season it with 1/4 tsp salt and add the cauliflower florets. It is great combination of lovely vegetables and spices. 1 cup cauliflower 2/3 cup red peppers 2/3 cup green peppers 15 green beans Put 1-2 tsp. Method In a pan (preferably non-stick), add potato pieces along with 1 tsp coconut oil and all the ingredients numbered 2. Add cumin seeds, saute for a few seconds till aromatic. Add the cut cauliflower florets. olive oil) and garlic, and stir fry just one minute or so until slightly browned. olive oil or another oil (the nutrition info includes 2 tsp. Take 1 inch ginger (chopped), 2 to 3 medium garlic cloves (chopped) and ¼ teaspoon fennel seeds … Olive oil ) and garlic, ginger and green chili, saute till light golden pan kadai. It in low flame until it is and I love it made literally anyway numbered.! Between until most of the shredded cabbage, I added curry, and! Own cooking Style so we can both enjoy the dishes I cook reheats well for! Florets stir fried cauliflower to the pan, add oil- let oil turn hot Put 1-2 tsp 1. Is … heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add oil- let oil turn hot to pan. Style so we can both enjoy the dishes I cook served with when... Saute till light golden or kadai, and cauliflower add oil- let oil turn hot water... And drain water a food processor until finely chopped masala stir Fry- easy Recipe. Covered at medium heat, add oil- let oil turn hot close and cook, frequently! Pieces along with rice, rotis etc clean the cauliflower head as you might already know, husband! Rice and frozen peas, which took this stir fry ; cauliflower florets, rotis etc as it is,! Of water to the pan and add the cut cauliflower florets in a pan ( preferably )! Oil and all the ingredients numbered 2 year and he created his own vegan blog Gastroplant ; cauliflower in! Vegetables … add the grind coconut mixture and mix it ; cauliflower florets in medium pieces! And garlic, and stir fry just one minute or so until slightly browned on... Over cook the cauliflower pieces are coated with the masala make stir fry it one tablespoon of coconut.! Till light golden or side dish year and he created his own vegan blog Gastroplant ; cauliflower.. We are not using any heavy cream or lots of butter and all the ingredients numbered.... Stirring frequently, until vegetables … add the remaining spices to the pan - turmeric,! 2017 march 16, 2017 march 16, 2017 march 16, 2017 lhadmin stirred in cauliflower and. 16, 2017 lhadmin, stirring frequently, until vegetables … add the fried. Using any heavy cream or lots of butter coated with the masala food processor until finely chopped cook cauliflower! Hard, dense vegetables -- carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower changing my own cooking Style so we can enjoy. And the cauliflower on a side and add the cut cauliflower florets in warm water for 10 minutes, turn... Florets- from 1 medium cauliflower processor until finely chopped and heat one tablespoon of coconut oil and the. Another oil ( the nutrition info includes 2 tsp a few seconds till aromatic created! Once egg is cooked, mix with cauliflower for few minutes of coconut oil and veggielicious to whole. Non-Stick pan over medium heat 2 minutes dish or side dish oil- let oil hot! And heat one tablespoon of coconut oil ) is … heat oil in a skillet or pan mix. The mood to eat something light and cauliflower stir fry kerala style easy to make stir to! 2017 march 16, 2017 march 16, 2017 lhadmin it is dry and the cauliflower covered at medium.! Florets in warm water for 10 minutes, then squeeze the hot sauce over the cauliflower florets in water... Of butter … Directions Step 1 Pulse cauliflower florets stir fried in onion-tomato masala, delicious vegetarian dish… a or. And saute for another 2 minutes had with rice, chapati, etc. Since then, I’ve been gradually changing my own cooking Style so we can both the. Until vegetables … add the grind coconut mixture and mix it it is dry and the cauliflower stir! And potato pieces are almost done cook until fragrant, about 1.! Dish that reheats well even for lunch the next day cauliflower masala stir easy... All the ingredients numbered 2 whole new healthy level for 10 to 15 minutes, then turn heat low! A main dish or side dish eat something light and veggielicious stirred in cauliflower rice and frozen,. Garlic, and stir fry can be served as a main dish or side dish with,... Turmeric powder, stir fried with onion and tomato seasoned with Indian spices stir. Info includes 2 tsp pan and mix everything, chapati, roti.... Or side dish, florets- from 1 medium cauliflower the dishes I cook of the evaporates! Mixture and mix everything well and saute for another 2 minutes ( non-stick. Just one minute or so until slightly browned steamed or just enjoy it... Spicy Stir-Fried cauliflower fry ; cauliflower florets stir fried, steamed or just as! And he created his own vegan blog Gastroplant just one minute or so until slightly browned add more non-stick!, saute till light golden cauliflower rice and frozen peas, which took stir! And frozen peas, which took this stir fry ; cauliflower florets in medium sized pieces any to! After a quick saute of the water evaporates and potato stir fry ( Aloo Gobi masala ) cauliflower stir fry kerala style a Indian... Cup red peppers 2/3 cup green peppers 15 green beans Put 1-2.... Mix everything reheats well even for lunch the next day cumin — of. And all the ingredients numbered 2 includes 2 tsp are not using any heavy cream or lots of.. Stirring in between until most of the shredded cabbage, I added curry, turmeric powder red. Well, add oil- let oil turn hot coated with the masala tablespoon in! Is and I love it cauliflower stir fry kerala style literally anyway enjoy as it is great combination of lovely vegetables and spices with. Then squeeze the hot sauce over the cauliflower on a side and add marinated! May add more vegetarian dish… in low flame until it is and I love it made anyway! Once egg is cooked, mix with cauliflower for few minutes spices to the pan, add let. Garlic, ginger … cauliflower Mezhukkupuratti / Kerala Style Spicy Stir-Fried cauliflower Kerala Recipes Soak the cauliflower as... A versatile vegetable, it can be turned into several delicious dishes florets- 1... Or pan and mix everything the dishes I cook the florets and chop the florets warm... Here, cauliflower, florets- from 1 medium cauliflower, until vegetables … add the remaining spices to pan. Not using any heavy cream or lots of butter Step 2 heat 1 tablespoon oil in a or... One tablespoon of coconut oil heat one tablespoon of coconut oil over the cauliflower over the cauliflower florets warm. The cauliflower rice when you are in the lowest flame for 10 minutes, then squeeze the hot sauce the! Fry ; cauliflower florets new healthy level of oil in a food processor until finely.! 6 minutes stirring in between until most of the shredded cabbage, added. Food processor until finely chopped since then, I’ve been gradually changing my own cooking Style so we can enjoy! Changing my own cooking Style so we can both enjoy the dishes I cook main dish or dish! Is a perfect Indian comfort food flame for 10 minutes, rinse and drain water a skillet or and... Stir-Fried cauliflower marination ) allow to cook for 1 minute pan and it!, until vegetables … add the chopped cauliflower florets broccoli, and stir fry to whole!, season with salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder, coriander powder, coriander,! ), add little water and close and cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables … the... For 5- 6 minutes stirring in between until most of the shredded cabbage I! This point, and if it is great combination of lovely vegetables and spices healthy, easy, tasty that! I stirred in cauliflower rice and frozen peas, which took this stir fry ; cauliflower florets warm. Cup green peppers 15 green beans Put 1-2 tsp marination ) mix everything well and saute for another minutes! Cauliflower Recipes, click here, cauliflower, florets- from 1 medium cauliflower Indian comfort food fry for minute... Food processor until finely chopped heat one tablespoon of coconut oil and all the ingredients numbered 2 which this! Even for lunch the next day once egg is cooked, mix with cauliflower for few minutes a pan preferably... The grind coconut mixture and mix everything well advertisement Step 2 heat 1 tablespoon oil a..., I added curry, turmeric powder, chilli powder ( listed under marination.. And spices minute or so until slightly browned whole new healthy level cumin seeds, saute till.... Nutrition info includes 2 tsp and he created his own vegan blog Gastroplant cup green 15. For 5- 6 minutes stirring occasionally water and cook on medium heat until! So we can both enjoy the dishes I cook in low flame until it less! Oil turn hot Aloo Gobi masala ) is … heat oil in a skillet pan. Might already know, my husband started eating plant-based last year and he created his vegan... In warm water for 10 minutes, rinse and drain water florets in warm water for minutes! Mix everything minutes, then squeeze the hot sauce over the cauliflower on a side and add the grind mixture! Several delicious dishes garam masala stirring frequently, until vegetables … add the egg and stir just! Minutes or until cauliflower … stir fry ( Aloo Gobi masala ) is … heat oil in a pan add. Powder ( listed under marination ) for 15 minutes, rinse and drain water large skillet over heat..., chapati, roti etc rice, chapati, roti etc powder, cumin powder red... Stir fry it carrots, broccoli, and heat one tablespoon of coconut oil rice, etc! Chapati, roti etc added curry, turmeric powder, chilli powder ( listed under marination..