Hello, Please help me to find Table name in page source code. It’s definitely worthwhile, and I’ve bookmarked it! elem.Select This option is in the upper-left corner of your Data ribbon. I thought maybe you are alive or not. I checked another web site, and also cannot see the yellow square. Imports System.IO, Private Sub Form1_Load(sender As Object, e As EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load Can anyone helps me to extract the data from URL and save into Excel. Dim strConnectString As String serverSheet = “SITE1B” End With serverSheet = “SITE0” I have a question. Dear Dick, I am trying to login to the following site, http://www.football-investor.net/index.php?page=login, .user.value = “MyUserName” I don’t know if I’m bugging you people, but here are a few doubts i got in this experiment. Dim ieDoc As Object In the Excel worksheet, open the Data ribbon and click on the From Web command. .Pass.value = “MyPassword” This example shows how to login, … End If. Set ieApp = Nothing. End If, ‘close ‘er up YearValue = Left(QuarterValue, 4)         clip.SetText “” & ieTable.outerHTML & “” (Connection:=strConnectString, Destination:=Range(“A1”)), With QT Can someone help me with the starting point by helping me identify what username and password controls/labels I need from this website html to use for the code? Dim htmlDoc As HTMLDocument Next Td The problem with this solution is that a login via i.e. I thought there was an option to create an if statement to check if someone is logged in do a sign out procedure. or is it because is no longer supported. Hey, I am a beginner. I cant post the password here but i could send it privately. “Line of code”. End If Any idea as to why am I getting this error? It asks me the location. Say, I want to collect data from this page. The From Web wizard window will open. I steal that table for all my examples, so don’t tell Debra. To get started, make sure you … I cant see a table id, but it would all so be fine with the whole site? This code works for the specific website that I am interested in but each web page could potentially have a different description for each HTML Element eg login rather than loginID. Dim htmlDoc As Object ‘ MSHTML.HTMLDocument Do While ieApp.Busy: DoEvents: Loop I’m fairly new to vba scripting and trying to do something similar to the cases described above but can’t seem to get any of the above examples to work. To automate Internet Explorer, we’ll need to set a reference to Microsoft Internet Controls. Select Case i         Set clip = New DataObject Excel gives you the opportunity to collect data from a web page. htmlDoc.all.userpassword.Value = “CH”, htmlColl = htmlDoc.getElementsByTagName(“input”), Do Set ieApp = Nothing. elem.Value = “dolly@fddeutschb.com” Login to a website with my credentials. In this case we are going to use a site called ferates.com, which lists current tables of Mastercard exchange rates. I use your way, but i did not get data in excel. Repeat everyday automatically. In the address bar, I paste the address of Google’s finance web page: https://www.google.com/finance. Selection.ClearContents, ie.Visible = False For Each elem In elems You seems to be a legend. I’ve also experienced some problems with it on other people’s machines. Very useful, I had this question in mind but never had the patience to search ( never wanted to either, necessity is the mother of all invention),now, when i searched I hit the jackpot in the first link that popped up in google search. Loop Until MyBrowser.ReadyState = READYSTATE_COMPLETE serverSheet = “SITE1A” Dim tdCounter As Integer —————————. When you post questions like this, please add a Comment with additional information like the URL and type of information desired so people can test an approach before posting it. However, how may I do this when the form involves a lot of hidden input elements? Subscribe and Visit Us https://www.octoparse.com Hey, let’s learn how to extract data from any website to excel automatically! 1) Log out every time, then the login part will always work. How to Import Data from a Website to Excel? I note that the id for the table I want is “sampletable”. – I can manually do it with no problem. Finance historical stock prices. Set clip = New DataObject Set oDom = CreateObject(“htmlfile”), ‘Get the WebPage Content to HTMLFile Object You might want to extract the info on a website as an Excel spreadsheet. Me.Subject Wend, Do This is a greatexample because the data we're interested in is presented in a plain, tabularformat. I want data from a website with pass and login. Do While ieApp.Busy: DoEvents: Loop If you want to get data into Excel from a website that requires a login, you may have already been frustrated that web queries don’t work so well. tdCounter = 1 Do While ieApp.Busy: DoEvents: Loop Extract Data from Google Finance Page to Excel Automatically. j_domain = “XXXX” If Not ieTable Is Nothing Then So, we shall assume your life is easy like that and you have a website that has data in a compatible excel-able format. I tried with. Exit For Open a worksheet in Excel. I try to use your code in order to log in to a website, when I run the code, it redirects to this page: HTTP 404 Not found”. Sheets(“temp”).Select .SavePassword = True Import and connect a website in Excel sheet. .submit htmlDoc.all.username.Value = “TEST” Do Until ieApp.ReadyState = READYSTATE_COMPLETE: DoEvents: Loop, 'now that we’re in, go to the page we want Available for 15,000+ popular websites. DoEvents The only problem I’m having is that once I log in, if I want to do it again VBA will throw an error with the username. The source code of the HMTL that I want to extract the data from has the following code: window.SharesAndIndices1_smartGrid1 = new ComponentArt_Grid(‘SharesAndIndices1_smartGrid1′); Do While ieApp.Busy: DoEvents: Loop If I put a step in the code at the .submit line… it will pause and I can then manually click the Login button which takes me to the main page like normal. .DropOffTime.Value = "0830" : There’s nothing that’s going to tell you if you’re logged in or not. End If clip.SetText "" & ieTable.outerHTML & "" Application.Wait Now + TimeSerial(0, 0, 3) It opens the IE page, but gives and error of “Object doesn’t support this property or method”. The Excel Consultant team is confident that we can help you automatically pull data from the Internet into your Excel files because we’ve done it many times before. Under Kwiksheets, you can see that I have one worksheet. Next, Set elems = ht.getElementsByTagName(“input”) elem.Value = “dolly29” I am trying below code but its not working.I am getting errors like “Excel VBA, error 438 “object doesn’t support this property or method” and “Object Variable- Or With Block Variable is not set: RUn time Error 91”. It is the only table on the page however, and I think I have found it by calling it by class using this: Set ieTable = ieApp.Document.getElementsByClassName(“stats draggable fixed3”).