1 0 obj With over 40 years of fishing the southern Maine coast, Captain Matt has gained the knowledge and experience necessary to find the fish. We fish on a stable Pro Kat 21'6" w/200 HP Yamaha outboard. Maine Striped Bass fishing can be simply spectacular! Captain Doug's season begins early in May on Cape Cod. a�(�b���,Ӭ��ΌJ�-���Ѳs�VH���3���o0 Striped bass fishing has slowed with rising water temperatures in southern New Jersey and anglers are targeting other species. As the fish migrate North, so does Doug. Cape Cod fishing is based out of Falmouth, MA. Come to the Beautiful Maine Coast for Maine Striper Fishing, Bluefish, and Mackerel.The World Famous Kennebec River offers fishing on … Sea Fox 268 Commander: 2021 Boat Buyers Guide. * Captain Doug Jowett - Blog - some old stuff here. Striped Bass Fishing Maine STRIPED BASS: We specialize in striped bass, a great food and game species that migrates northward into Maine waters from the New York and Mid-Atlantic regions each May. But today, we are going to focus on striped bass fishing in Maine. Striped Bass Fishing. I love Maine striper fishing, and consider Maine to be my home waters. <>/Metadata 198 0 R/ViewerPreferences 199 0 R>> Maine fishing the waters of eastern Casco Bay, Kennebec River and New Meadows River. EliasVFishing 15,465 views You are welcome to bring your own rods, etc. We will review some hot spots, rules and regulations, and best lures/bait to us in this area. Beginners and experts are welcome. Our most popular private inshore fishing charter trip is for Striped Bass, or Stripers as they are commonly called here in Maine. According to the Maine Department of Marine Resources, anglers are only allowed to keep one striped bass per day, and that fish must be between 28 and 35 … Striped Bass and Pike Charter Trips Available Now that my repeat charters have been established and confirmed, my calendar for open trip dates are available for the 2016 fishing season. Off northern New Jersey, there are schoolies along the beaches. https://www.onthewater.com/video/watch-full-episode-maine-coast-stripers Our resident run of striped bass give us great entertainment from mid-May through the … Fly casting lessons on request, including Spey/Double Handed casting. $675 - Carp, Pike or Smallmouth Bass - $350. %PDF-1.7 Full and half day trips available depending on tides. @�+r�Hů�)��˖Y�����n;�F��t�ռƺ��t��1%ߡ0�(N�q�M�]�Z�Bn�]�7G!����d��xMj� 3 0 obj Maine Saltwater Recreational Fishing Registry Maine’s striped bass regulations cover all Maine coastal waters up to the head of tide in all rivers. Saltwater Recreational Fishing Regulations and Tips Printable Fishing Regulations. SOUTH BERWICK MAINE STRIPER FISHING. 4hr: $325 (up to 4 anglers) 8hr: $500 (up to 4 anglers) Come experience some of Maine’s best Largemouth & Smallmouth bass fishing with me. ��e��;�D����� 9H�1#X�� t��� �p���?��C��v�dy09̒ Smallmouth Bass, Carp and Pike on the Androscoggin River. Striped bass are usually three and … The South Berwick boat ramp is located off Route 101 at the William A. Bray Memorial Park. After you've been up all … For striper, we’ll travel the Saint George River in Thomaston Harbor and along Maine’s rockbound coast. with one … <> Maine has an enormous coastline and a … The specific dates of this migration shift with fluctuations in water temperature, but it’s safe to say that striped bass leave Maine and New Hampshire … Maine Fishing Information From Kittery to Cape Elizabeth Me. Boats. Stripers are the premiere light tackle inshore saltwater gamefish in Portland, Maine. By Sport Fishing Editors. Striped Bass … $50 extra for each extra person up to 4 total. ������!�E�9^yi����5��&ss�V�yCa�߄�o�7�����d5|G�� Q G���� ��1w���ش�jF�d\��6�d��n��ۉ(ij�^xbn�����%"��|�yB����f���r�����*7(�`�x���[[s���S6�2>��e^8 cC`��b�u|�F�+��f�yx�Ц�`�݃�7����+����@�n��lA� �h?dt��N�}��Az�T���G_Ƭ4ϼ��Xn���i��K�����f���(��?�8��$�ˈ�4A�ސU����+���Fw�:���ѓ���x����ヒ@M�ѦA(�f"44�H��;Dh�L#�����۱2�k���\���T]�o�o@C�jJ'4Mpm>� _ ?L��=.Cr��xV���8I8���?Φ��Q4�SRP@�Li�G���,�i采z\�f*)[P���ú=A���5M毧o��G��$�����~{}D|�=Ap���@/�C��)g^���fh^9$ �X����d:@#�h!��H:=D�2^jt*C�BP��q:����"r���#��( YZ0��zҹ�ꊥ 4 0 obj Fly fishing is our primary focus, but light spin gear is an option as well. Tackle provided: Light and medium spinning, medium casting and ground fish gear. (���R��m̏0�֏0$T�FE����e�pq�թUQ}"�g6���UA��L� ��dM�x�,d����c�Ne��P9�60:RH���ŷ�� m�L�P���9��Z�S�b�`>��r,��tB���q����%�ߓ����D��iD�u9�����ж� ���!����E '���t�Cj�ّ�o��K��S�Xň�H� T|�c ���)��1Ir%'�� F�d�w�?m�Fó���xF���`^oع�㥓6#��ʜ4���~lT��A��7�Sx�? Maine is known for its many lighthouses, majestic mountains, Acadia National Park, and much more. Mike Giroux catches a striped bass while fishing in the Scarborough Marsh in late May. If you are ready, then let us take a trip through Maine. <> To surf fish for striped bass, you must gather the proper equipment, learn to read the beach, surf fish 2 hours before high tide throughout the outgoing tide, make sure you have the best bait to encourage them to bite, and don't forget to obtain a fishing license to be able to catch striped bass from the surf. The striped bass are reported to be in but homework is needed. But where should you go? Cast out and hang on! Maine Striped Bass Fishing with Captain Doug Jowett. 2020 Striped Bass Regulations (PDF file, 1 page, 945 KB) Note: The use of circle hooks is required in Maine when using bait to fish for striped bass and bluefish Note: For regulations on Striped Bass fishing in the Kennebec River in Maine Dept. Our Most Popular Charter! We are committed to making your fishing charter as enjoyable and productive for you as possible. March 20, 2019. Maine Guide Striped Bass Fishing. Enjoy fly and light tackle fishing in Maine or on Cape Cod with a full-time Guiding Captain for: * Striped Bass * Bluefish * False Albacore * Small Bluefin Tuna * Carp & Pike on famed Merrymeeting Bay, Maine * Smallmouth Bass on Maine's Androscoggin River. * Specializing in Spey/Double Handed Fly Rod Applications on Coastal Waters. His book, “On the Run,” follows the fall striper migration from Maine through New England and on down to the mid-Atlantic. I caught my first striped bass in the Saco River on a chuck of mackerel many years ago, and my first fly fishing striper was also in Maine about 2 decades ago. Beat the Rooster. If you love catching plenty of bass with a great opportunity for a 6 lb.+ fish … He fishes his home waters of Maine from June through August and then returns to Cape Cod in September for the exciting fishing of early fall for FALSE ALBACORE, Small Blue fin Tuna and south migrating striped bass and bluefish. Boats. I offer private guided wading trips for Striped bass along Maine's southern coast. Description: Striped bass are dark olive green to steel blue on top, with silver colored sides and a white underbelly. %���� Light Tackle Inshore Fishing Trips Striper Fishing Trips. Latest. $475 - 4 hrs. Striper’s difficulty lies in using specific fly and lures. stream Copyright © 2018 Maine Striped Bass Fishing - All Rights Reserved. I grew up with striped bass right in my backyard and for the past 8 years I have been lucky to call Maine home. Launch Facilities & Shore fishing Access in Maine . Big bass have moved out of Raritan Bay, but boats working toward New York waters are still catching a … In addition, there are special regulations in effect from December 1 through June 30 in the Kennebec, Sheepscot and Androscoggin Rivers and all related $600 - Tuna trip. *���?M^�Y\�T2�H� $600 - Tuna trip. Guided Largemouth Bass *Price includes up to 4 anglers. NO FISHING LICENSE required. Seven to eight dark stripes run longitudinally across their body giving them a distinctive appearance. South Berwick to Cape Elizabeth Maine, Striped Bass Fishing. SLAMMER STRIPED BASS FISHING Spring 2017 +++ Tips To Catch More When They Aren't "Biting" - Duration: 13:13. Today me and my friend Ricky headed out to catch the illusive striped bass, or at least it seemed illusive at the time. $675 - Carp, Pike or Smallmouth Bass - $350. 61 Four Wheel Drive, Brunswick, ME, 04011 (207-725-4573). Plan Your Salt Water Fishing Charter Trip Today In Portland Maine. $$350 - 8 hrs. If you value your beauty sleep, striper fishing isn't for you. Scout 530 LXF: 2021 Boat Buyers Guide. Private Dock in Maine. $475 - 4 hrs. $50 extra for each extra person up to 4 total. Rates are for two people only. endobj Fishing discussion, fishing questions or website specific topics - news, trips, pictures, stories, tackle, rods, reels, lines, lures, techniques and fishing travel for striped bass and everything that swims Every trip is reserved for two anglers with special attention paid to experiencing a memorable day fishing. Waterfowl – Guided Maine Sea Duck hunting on the scenic Maine coast for Eiders, Long Tailed ducks (Old Squaw), Scoters (all 3 species), Bufflehead and Golden Eye or hunt some of Maine’s back-country, wetlands and fields for Mallards, Black Ducks, Teal, Wood Ducks, and Canadian Geese. I am fully licensed and insured and you don't need a fishing licensing while fishing on my boat. Book A Trip. For early and late season brook trout fishing trips, we’ll head to small, dark streams, rivers, small ponds, local lakes, and other hidden fishing spots. Fiblink 6′ Fishing Rod. Striped bass fishing attracts hordes of anglers around the U.S. making it one of the most popular of all game fish. endobj Great Gadzooks Maine Striped Bass and Tidewater Fishing invites you to experience Maine Striper fishing on the Beautiful Maine Coast. Enjoy fly and light tackle fishing in Maine or on Cape Cod with a full-time Guiding Captain for: * Carp & Pike on famed Merrymeeting Bay, Maine, * Smallmouth Bass on Maine's Androscoggin River. Rates are:  6 hrs. The North Shore and up into Maine has loads of small stripers and a few keepers to 25 pounds. Depending on the weather and the migration patterns, this can occur as early as April. Rates are for two people only. Captain Craig W. Murray Craig has been fishing the Kennebec River as well as other waters here in Maine for 40+/- years, both sport fishing and commercial fishing and diving. <>/ExtGState<>/XObject<>/Pattern<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageB/ImageC/ImageI] >>/Annots[ 49 0 R 50 0 R] /MediaBox[ 0 0 612 792] /Contents 4 0 R/Group<>/Tabs/S/StructParents 0>> More Game Fish. I am happy to work with any angler, whether its your first day fishing or you are a seasoned old salt. We have schoolie Bass that spend most of the year here, but during the migration there are true Cow Bass that show up on their journey north. Wether you want to fish for striped bass, family trips for mackerel, sharks or tuna, we will take you to the fish. Fishing for Stripers on the Beautiful Kennebec River With Registered Maine Guide Captain Hank DeRuiter! 2 0 obj We take you fishing for striped bass, bluefish, groundfish or shark on the Kennebec River along the beautiful coast of Maine. Pound for pound, there’s nothing more fun on the Maine coast than hooking a striped bass. Q~���gJ"A��j������'���X�Hy '�Ң(�K�,�0��G����]ljH��V���ʴ�>v7�f< �:��1��y�\�BD����k N� �&���%~m 8��;�%��}���J����۬Z�}�! The Fiblink 6’ saltwater rod may be a bit on the shorter side of the best striper … x��=[s۶�����7R&f�A��x�v�ԧ����t�Kσ�(�Z�N%9n���] $E�HA�L�"���b�X$?�'?��ӛ��Ivx��8I�~�$K3��d��'���'�?Kn�>9~���O/Y�d�����Oܗ%pE)+��4�_��}�.ur��w&�����^=}� Y����#��������'����Z�y�Ă��fQ�L�a~%��7�1:�����q p���8��836:? Maine Striper Fishing, Sea Duck Hunting & Lighthouse Tours Maine Hunting Guide. Fly Fish & Light Tackle fishing inshore waters. $$350 - 8 hrs. }����Gx ��.N�r��1��G���ٻ���0�y�ŷ#Mr��$Il�z�%O�6"+�\%Z���{#�{" ���4) R�W�� ]Ă.X�������2��i�b�ϊ������S����P(���/b�i���/c��y��s�e��R�a���L�+�<�Y�d�b�?������C����n��e �+s����%=����xF�} A few late May and June dates exist on Cape Cod for striped bass trips as does some time in Maine for striped bass, pike, small mouth bass and carp. Fishing the Mid Coast area including Kennebec, Sheepscot and New Meadows Rivers. On the coast, or far up the rivers that pour into the sea, Mainers have plenty of options when it comes to fishing for migratory striped bass. allowing trailering to numerous boat ramps including access to the Elizabeth Islands, Martha's Vineyard, Buzzards Bay, Cape Cod Bay and Vineyard Sound. Maine Striped Bass Fishing Charters Portland Maine. * Fully Equipped 2106 BayKat fly fishing boat. Fly fishing for striped bass is one of my favorite things to do. endobj Maine Striper Fishing. �⺩���s� ����q��.�*%��(���o��d̩buW�y-��Q��6*m9H/Y��F�*7�+E�r�ke� )�u��g7�|2BD�$�T����|�d�,$�*�`-|�7�=��W��[h�.�5��g�0��Af[M�:�����;�����#�v�NEĄ��"�t���}�. Striped Bass Fishing Season is May through September. Rates are:  6 hrs. I supply all equipment needed. with one of the premier guiding Captains on the East Coast. Striped Bass Fishing Maine .If you are interested in Striped Bass Fishing contact us early to secure your charter date.Best dates book up early. ��l��*j{��RZ��]M�;�\�N?�6��I��rlu~�z�+>;����'ZΓ���x9�T/u�&��N? Striper fishing strong, but changes must be made By Bill Biswanger, Sun Outdoors Writer UPDATED: 01/05/2019 05:32:51 PM EST It's a Saturday morning and you have waited all week for this moment to go fishing.